Blog 2.2

Welcome back my fellow sharks! This week I had originally planned to go out and shoot some nature shots but nature said no. Due to the absolutely frigid temperatures, I was forced to stay inside and research my subject. I learned that lighting and color composition makes a massive difference in how the shots appear, and I've decided that I much prefer the look of natural light compared to studio lights. This is why I really want to shoot outside, I think the lighting out there always does justice towards the subject. Sunrises and sunsets should be really great for capturing beautiful shots. The grayish afternoon light could also be great for filming a subject that isn't meant to be pretty. The colder, bluish-white light of the afternoon makes the shot feel brutally honest, if that makes any sense. Below I've posted two pictures, one uses outdoor natural light and the other is an indoor shot that uses some artifical lighting. You can compare and contrast the two:)

Comments

Popular Posts